If I could choose the best enery source for my home, it would be solar energy. I plan on living in a very sunny and warm climate. I will settle down in a place like Honolulu, Hawaii, where the majority of the days will be sunny. There are many advantages of using solar energy. Solar energy is a renewable resource. The sun will always be here. Even if it is cloudy for a day or two, the sun will always return. Also, there is some storage ability of the panels. Oil is not renewable. Once it is gone, it is gone. Solar energy is very quiet. Other energy sources require machines that can be very noisy. Solar energy does not pollute the environment like other energy sources. There is very little maintenance necessary to keep solar cells running. Other sources require equipment that could break down. While there a lot of advantages of solar power, there are a few disadvantages. It may be expensive to get started with solar, but it would be more cost effective in the long run. There would be down time because solar energy can not be created at night. Since I plan on living in a very sunny climate, these down times would be at a minimum. I think the advantages of solar energy far outweigh the disadvantages. While there may be some things that need to be improved, I think there will continue to be great strides made because of all the advantages of solar energy.
Good choice. I also chose solar power.
ReplyDelete